Monoclonal Antibody Infusion is a therapy granted by the FDA’s Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) as a treatment for severe COVID-19 symptoms in patients at high risk of hospitalization.
Monoclonal Antibody Infusion is available now for patients who meet the following requirements:
- You have a positive COVID-19 test result
- You are not already hospitalized
- You have mild-to-moderate symptoms that started less than 10 days ago
- You have certain medical conditions or other health factors that place you at a higher risk of progressing to a severe infection:
- Age 65 years or older
- Obese or over weight which may include a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25 or higher for adults or a BMI in the 85th percentile or higher on the growth chart for pediatric patients.
- Chronic kidney disease
- Immunosuppressive disease, or on immunosuppressive treatment
- Cardiovascular disease (including congenital heart disease) or hypertension
- Chronic lung disease such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), moderate to severe asthma, cystic fibrosis, or pulmonary hypertension)
- Sickle cell disease